Friday, June 24, 2005

The Complain Customer

Yesterday, as I was making my rounds around the text & assessment department, I saw a child seating on the floor. In Popular Bookstore, customers are not allow to seat on the floor neither can they eat nor drink. So I kindly told the child not to seat on the floor as the books might fall on him or it will obstruct customers from browsing the books. As soon as I told the child not to seat on the floor, the child’s mother turn around and question the rule saying: “My child cannot seat here meh!” I repeated that in Popular, no seating is allowed as it might cause inconvenience to other customers. Next, she ask me whether I knew Jon Lee (I suppose the CEO of Popular), I just stare blankly at her, showing my calmness on the confrontation. She then proceeds to ask whether my manager was in, and I replied that they had gone for a meeting. From that point, I knew that the customer was one of the Popular branch employee but I a not sure where. Furthermore, the customer asks for my name and I just replied.

After I went back to my work, one of the supervisors, 兴人, told me that the customer had gone to him to complain about me regarding the “no sitting policy”. He mentioned to the customer that I am “New” in Popular which made me boiling as I had been working for so long. The customer also mentioned to him that sitting on the floor is common in Causeway Point Popular and 兴人 told her that in Popular, no sitting is allowed. She even mentioned that if I said that no sitting was allowed, does it mean that no standing or squatting is allowed also. That is when 兴人 told her I didn’t said that her child cannot squatting or stand. This made her furious and she made her way out to the exit proudly. Later, I told 兴人 that I am doing the right thing and if she wants to complain to whatever Jon Lee, she can go ahead.

No wonder people say we like to complain over small matters. Haha!

Counting Down to resigning Popular:
7 Days

Counting Down to NS:
15 Days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home