Wednesday, September 07, 2005

BMT Graduation

Roll, Roll, Roll…left right left right…

As the drums roll, I felt a sense of excitement in participating the Passing Out Parade and marching into the parade square in front of my parents and brother. Under the afternoon sun at 4pm, everybody were ready in putting the best show of all the guest including our viewing officer PM Lee Hsien Loong.

1330 Hrs
Last preparation for the POP. Brief rehearsal and after that we march off to the empty line to wait for the final moments.

1430 Hrs
Waiting at the empty line. Took some photos with my buddies and brothers while waiting.

1600 Hrs
The show begins. We march in as the drums roll and perform the saluting of the Viewing officer. After prize presentation and his speech, we marched and passed by the viewing officer.

1640 Hrs

We reached empty line, put our SBO and helmet to get to the next part of the parade, the wearing of jockey cap by our parents and the infantry roar. Jogged in and singing the Training To Be Solider song. After that, my parents helped me to wear the jockey cap. Next we present the audience with the Infantry Roar.

1715 Hrs
After the infantry roar, we dashed off to get our stuff and some hurried photo-taking, my parents and I dashed to the ferry to board the fast craft back to mainland.

1800 Hrs
Reached Pasir Ris Interchange, took a taxi and off to HOME SWEET HOME.

From today onwards, I am not longer a recruit but a newer promoted Private. Yahoooooooooooo! After 9 weeks of training, the training we gone through, the dirty feeling we gone through, I find the graduation parade the most satisfying as it sum up the whole of 9 weeks of training.

Now I got 12 days of bloc leave and posting will be on 16 Sep @ 1000Hrs. Hopefully the posting will be a gd one.

So for now, I will be slacking and training OTOT (Own time own target) and enjoying my leave.

P.S. Sorry, photo for field camp not up yet. I will be getting it ASAP. To those, enlisting this week, all the best for ur BMT life.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Willy said...

Tat's right. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home