Monday, June 26, 2006

New Unit, New Start

On Wednesday, I reported to my new unit which was 3SIB located at the Bukit Panjang Camp. The route to the camp was hilly and tedious and I was there by 9.30am. I met my seniors and OC and sit thru for the After Action Review for one of their exercises. That was the time I found out that my OC wanted me to become Platoon Commander for the CCIS (Information system). As the army evolved towards 3G, it will be a busy time for my platoon due to the trial going on. By November, I will be involved in an overseas exercise for at least one month.

Thanks to my OC, he gave me 2 days of off and I spent the whole of Thursday having KTV at KBox, Lot 1 followed by dinner at the Thai restaurant at Sembawang Shopping Center with my former Popular colleagues. Yesterday was dinner @ Sakae Sushi at NP with my secondary school friends.

Hopefully a new unit will provide another memorable chapter in my NS life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home