Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Grand Finale of OCS

Hours before the commissioning parade, I could sense the excitement from heartbeat down to my toes. Everybody was getting ready for the occasion and my day starts at 6.30am all thanks to my buddy who wake up early to polish his boots. After breakfast, my buddy and I decided to wake my friend who was still sleeping. We grabbed the four corners of the bedsheet and carry him to the corridor near the staircase. That was the fun part.

The main focus was the commissioning parade itself. By 3pm, all the admin stuff had been settled and cleared for. By then I was wearing my No.1 uniform. Sweating non-stop, I was drenched with sweat before stepping onto the parade square. Below are the timeline leading to the parade.

4.20pm: At the Warriors Hall doing final checks and warm up.
5.20pm: Proceed to Form-up place (FUP) near the parade square.
6.00pm: Start of the parade. Marching into the parade square singing “we are the one”.
6.00pm to 6.55pm: Inspection by reviewing officer and march past. Includes slow march up the grand stand to end the parade.
7.00pm: Marched back to parade square with my officer rank. As the MC announce that parents and friends are invited to put on the rank for the newly commissioned officer, I could see a swamp of spectators combing the whole of the parade square. My girlfriend, friends and my mother came over and help me put my 2LT rank on my shoulder. Next after the placement of the rank, we assemble back and threw our big cap as high as we could and WE ARE OFFICERS….

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


P.S. More photos on commisionning parade to come..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home