Sunday, November 13, 2005

Patrol Field Camp

This week was quite a hectic week for me. The week schedule consists of patrol field camp, demolition lessons, and section quick attack live-firing, demolition and safety officer test.

Monday (7 Nov)
Everybody was rushing to get their breakfast, draw arms and getting ready for the patrolling field camp. We reach the Marsiling camp site at 0800 hrs. But the bus driver brought us to the wrong training shed and our red team had to walk back to where our actual place was. Really spoilt the day!

The focus of this field camp was to emphasize on the conducting of Operation Orders & Approval of Plan which means that we need to draw out a plan on how to attack our enemy and conduct a briefing for our men. We had 2 missions on the first day. It consists of a day ambush and a night security patrol. We also use blanks to shoot at any enemy that come our way.

The night security patrol was assigned to me. I was the patrol leader and I was required to come up with an Operation order & a Approval of plan. I was quite calm initially when presenting till the point where my Platoon Commander asked me some questions and that was when I panicked because I got some of my facts wrong. Next we proceed to conduct the security patrol along the tracks of the forested area. I was leading till a point where there was a lot of danger area. I lost my way and I lead my group to the wrong turn. Luckily I got the help from my friends and we managed to complete the whole patrol without getting attack from the enemy. I was disappointed with my performance due to my poor navigation but was glad that I passed the mission.

Tuesday
Mission starts early in the day. This time, we got day ambush and day security patrol. All the mission are the same as yesterday. This time, I did a lot of danger crossing clearance for the group. Furthermore, it was one of the best movements the group had ever done. By 2100 hrs, we are back in our wing line. The most unlucky encounters was that my weapon was taken away by Staff while I was sleeping and I earned myself 2 extras. So suay. After cleaning our arms and a good shower is back to rest. My lights off was at Wed 0200Hrs…so late!

Wednesday
We had demolition practical lessons for the whole day and briefing for section quick attack live firing for Thursday. Demolition practical lessons include how to check for mines and movement in a minefield and creating a double positive charge.

Thursday
We had section quick attack live-firing for the day. It consists of moving in a file formation to a two up formation. Upon spotting the enemy, we will prone down and start firing live rounds. Next a fire-base was formed to provide fire power. A flanking was conducted once the fire-base was formed. This training was to provide us on how the actual quick attack was conducted.

In the evening, we had demolition test. I studied for only 5 mins only and I went to take the test. After the test, I really pray hard that I could pass.

Friday
I had lessons on platoon movement and quick movement lectures. Very boring. I doubt anyone understands it. In the late afternoon, I had my Training Safety Regulation (TSR) test that will ensure that we can become safety officer if we passed.

In the evening, we had happy hour, but my I can’t go. Reason is that I am the arm skote man and 2 of my friends and I had to stay back to clean the GPMG while other are enjoying themselves. Why me? All I can do is to suck thumb and do my cleaning.

I slept feeling demoralized. Haiz

Saturday
Book out day. SOC was cancel due to rain. We had demolition technical handling test and I managed to pass everything. The results for the GPMG and demolition theory tests are also out and I passed everything. Yahoo……….By afternoon is book out and is home sweet home again.

Next week is my Exercise Spade where we dig shell script and fire trench for 3 days 2 nights. The most shack field camp ever. Hope I got my energy to dig all the way.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home