Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Brand New Year Ahead…2006

In just a few hours time, it is going to be a brand new year where all the sadness and fun of 2005 will be history. At my new camp at Choa Chu Kang, there is really a culture shock for me. Our list the culture shock below:

1. The accommodation looks old, the bunk was even worse than BMTC. Those bunk where my father used to stay. The toilet was the only 5 stars that I give as it was like a hotel toilet.
2. All day and night, is lecture after lecture. My longest day was when I study from 8am till 8pm.
3. Physical exercise beside 5BX was minimal. Yesterday was the only physical training.
4. Rats were sighted around the accommodation block. My bunkmate got
2 of his milk bar eaten up by rats during the night. Next day, he spotted one and killed one. Rats Frag count: 1
5. Everyday, everybody will be looking at us because we are the officer cadets in the whole school and we are expected to show top discipline and good attitude. Now I realize why 3 white bars were so heavy now.

Well that was how life was in Signals Institute camp. But let’s not forget that today is New Year eve and I am going down somewhere to celebrate my New Year eve before I fly off to Brunei on 2 Jan for my 10 days of training.

Let take a look of my highlights of year 2005:

Jan: Still doing my Final year project and was in 2nd half of the semester. Title of our project: Cheers Virtual Merchandising Plan.

Mar to Apr: Final presentation of our project. A very successful one and after exams I started working at Popular Bookstore in late April. During March, I got silver for my NAPFA test and got a 2 months discount for my NS.

May to Jun: Work for 2 months at Popular and enjoy myself by going to K-Box, Pool at Paradiz Centre and having seafood dinner at Marina South and Subway.

Jul: 8 Jul, where my head went “Bald”. I got enlisted into BMTC in Tekong under Ulysees Company. Day over there was quite miserable initially but later stage of the course it was ok for me. 27 Jul, Officially graduated from Singapore Poly. I felt so happy going back to collect my Diploma and got to catch up with some of my friends.

Aug: Urgg! Field camp in Tekong. 7 days 6 nights camp was no joke. I had a 1st time experience on digging a shell script and a fire trend. Furthermore, it was raining heavily. So Suay.

Sep: 6 Sep, graduation day from BMT. Guest-of-honour: PM Lee. My parents came to see my graduation day. Out for Tekong for now. 16 Sep, got my posting from the MIW, I got into OCS. 19 Sep, book into a new camp environment. A open camp concept and it was also the start of my 3 weeks compulsory confinement in OCS.

Oct to Dec: I got to learn a lot of weaponry system and different military tactics and knowledge. There is also a lot of field camp at Tekong, Marsiling area. 21 Dec, last day in OCS Tango. After the previous night route march, we got our senior bar and I got into Signals for my next phrase of training. 22 Dec, OCS Tango Social Night. I of my most memorable night spending the time with my first date of my life. 27 Dec, culture shock at Signals Institute. It was the start of my next phrase of training.

This summaries the year 2005 of myself. Over here, I wish that the New Year will be a better year for me as I hope to get thru all the mental stress of Signals course as well as meeting new people in the months to come. To all people out there, I wish everyone all the best and strive in the New Year ahead.

Cheers
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home