Sunday, November 27, 2005

Another tiring week

Ever since the Exercise Spade, I have been feeling tired and lethargic from Mon till today. The recovery and rest time is so short that concentration is sometimes affected. This week has been a week full of ups and downs. Weather was poor for most of this week, making everyone prone to sleep.

Monday (21 Nov)
Everybody was feeling the same as me. Tired and not having enough of rest. But still, the programme had to go on. We had demolition live firing where we fire door-breaching charge; side charge, Claymore and safety fuse at the demolition live firing area. This demolition is used to destroy and eliminate enemy forces in a ambush mission.

Tuesday
Not much of major lessons for this day except those taking IPPT.

Wednesday
Ran 8km endurance run and got 35min plus. Very satisfied with it.

Thursday
Run March in the evening @ 8pm. This is an 16km road march which involves more loads that include organic weapons (GPMG,SAW,M2O3) and medic stretcher. For the whole of road march I suspected I had fever because I don’t sweat a lot and I felt hot. I reported my fever at the 12km mark. Luckily I still can continue the march despite my fever. Once I reach my camp, I was a bit dizzy but carry on with my cool down exercise. Blisters formed under my feet. Ouch! Pop fever pills before sleep. Lights out at 1 plus in the morning.

Friday
Yahoooo! Book out day. We had signal practical and theory test. I suppose I passed everything especially for the practical test. After that I had to wait for the change over parade for the wing appointment. Book out at 7 plus. Back to HOME SWEET HOME.

Saturday
Practically, it was suppose to be a long weekend, but today we had a wing cohesion day. This was where we got to know our platoon mates better by playing ice breaker games and soccer. I felt that that was a waste of time as we could have made use of the time to rest and recuperate. During the soccer match, I injured my left big toe. Now it is swollen, stupid me. I should have not played at all. I hope I can get the swelling and pain down by Monday for the platoon field camp. I am going to pray hard for it.

Next week, it will be a 5 days platoon field camp. First I hope my toe swelling and pain will go down. Secondly, I hope I would not lost my way and direction for the topology exercise. Lastly, I hope I will get through this camp.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home