Sunday, March 12, 2006

Guardsmen

Sad to say, my weekend was virtually burned due to guard duty on Sunday. A 24 hrs duty for the whole of Sunday started from 8am till the next day 8am. I am very shacked indeed. I could feel my legs were giving way after 12 rounds of prowling around the camp.

SOC training – Quite satisfied with the unofficial timing of 9:11. It is definitely a boost to my confident in next week SOC trial test.

Radio practical and theory test – I think I had done enough to pass the practical test but failed the theory test by 4 marks. Ai yo yo!

16 km route march in ECP – First time I am marching in an urban area in East Coast Park. From the start, we already attracted a lot of attention from curious passersby. I saw a group of botaks (Juz pass out from Tekong) coming to greet us and overheard them saying: “Eh, eh, 3 white bars, must be captain”. Juz to remind all of those in army, 3 white bars is unofficial rank and is lower than a Private. Some even said, “left right left right” while some who were barbecuing, asked us whether we had eaten. This march really attracts too much attention. I also wished to “Thank” the person who complaint of disturbance by other unit marching in the same area from their singing. We were told that we were not allowed to sing. The whole march end at 0145 and we reached our camp at 0240.

Shacked and tired…

Went to NTU open house tdy……
It was first time I stepped into NTU. The whole environment was around the same as NUS. There was quite a huge crowd as it was the school open house as well as exhibition on student’s projects.

My buddy and I went to the School of Computer Engineering booth and started asking questions. I just went there to find out whether is there any changes to the curriculum to the course. Next we went to the School of Civil and Environment Engineering. That was the point where we came across this friendly student who was on this open house helper and explain the particular courses (even though I think she was not really experienced). To my surprised, she came from the same primary School (Huamin) and started asking my name. When I told her my name, she suddenly mentioned my brother name. It was even to my astonishment that she could remember much even though I am not the same class as her for the six years. Then I remember that there was an article on the school twins’ brothers and sisters in the school quarterly magazine.

Even though I don’t know her, but we had a brief chat. I am glad that Huamin Pri could produce great students even though it was not the top choice to most parents then. Look at now, Huamin was one of the popular neighborhood school that can produce the same standard as every other school. A Huamin, forever a Huamin.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home