Monday, September 11, 2006

My Darling's Birthday

There is a saying that once a person hit 21, it means it is the transition from teenage to a young adult world. To some it is a special occasion to celebrate to some it is not. To my darling, it was special occasion for her. Her preparation stretch before the second half of this year. So as mine for the preparation for her gift as well. I took leave on Friday to help her with the preparation.

It kicks off on Friday afternoon by transferring the BBQ and the party stuff to Pasir Ris Downtown East Chalet. After checking in, we setup and get ready for the BBQ. Her parents came later with most of the food as well as the extra chairs and table. Friday is a celebration with her SIM friends. Even though I still have yet to recover from my lost of voice, i still managed bits of conversation. For the BBQ, I should say it sucks big time. I think my skills were not up to scratch and luckily I still have Lens and my darling's brother to start the fire. Fun starts and food flowing all night. We played a lot of games like hear attack and so on till 3am, by then i was already half dead and juz waiting for the bed itself. At 12am, we sang a birthday song to her and I was requested to kiss her on her forehead. I hope she dun mind when i kissed her on her forehead...haha

By noon, the SIM group left and we were left alone to decorate the whole place and shift the stuff to make the place more spacious. By late afternoon, we were preparing the food using satay stick and time seems so fast that it was time where the guests are about to come. At least i managed to start the fire and everything was well into place. Her relatives, friends from poly, sec, and her colleague all poured in around 7 plus. Her brother and I was like the BBQ guys BBQ all the marinated food. Around 9pm was the cutting of the key shaped cake which symbolizes the key to the adult world. We sang birthday song and took photos with different batches of friends. It top off with champagne and grape wine. Once everything ended, my daring and I with her brother and 2 other friends stayed overnight but I had no energy left and dozed off immediately while the rest are still playing. My darling dozed off after playing one round and all ended up sleeping.

Sunday morning we head off for breakfast before making our way home.

P.S. Really enjoy helping her with the preparation and accompanying her throughout the 2 nights. Please open up the gift I gave u even though the packaging was to beautiful to be taken down. Haha... To end it off, I LOVE U...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home