Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nervous on my "First"

I was feeling nervous the night before and was having difficulties going to sleep. Actually, it was my first time conducting live firing for my Signal Company. Conducting live firing is no joke as it consists of live ammunition and proper safety measures must be taken to prevent any unneccessary injuries.

On the actual day at 0530, we gathered outside and took attendance and I got my first hiccup as a safety medic was not indented and my Ops Sergeant pointed it out to me. I was in a dazed as I am not sure who to call and after much thinking, I decided to call one of the medic to check whether he could come down and help us. I am very lucky to say that there was a duty medic on Sunday and he was a
bout to step down from duty where I called him to ask whether he could help us. Luckilly he agreed even though it was a off-in-lieu for the whole bridgae.

My senoir and I was the last to reach the range but the range warden was not there yet, by then all preparation had been done and the guys had breakfast from the "Nijia" van. The range starts at 10am and the show is on me. I decided to go ahead with a practice session for the Annual Trainfire Programme (ATP) shoot for the first year soliders. It was quite smooth and we ended the whole day shoot and test at 2.30pm. Next it was followed by a day combat shoot test for the 2nd year solider. It was also another smooth sailing and everyone was very cooperative.

I also took the test with my guys as combat shoot requires us to form groups of 5 to 6 and to get marksman, the group must score at least 80% of the total rounds. The pressure is a bit on me as I must so-called led the team and our detail is a $1000 detail if the team manage to get marksman. As night falls, I start the night shoot with the ATP shooters followed by the combat shoot. I admited that I am quite poor during the night shoot as I had missed most of my shot during the last test when I was still a
trainee. But I am happy to report that my team got marksman all thanks to my sharp shooters and the strategy deploy by my guys.

When the whole shoot ended, I feel relieved as there is no case of injuries and everyone exercise their safety with caution. Maybe the reason is also as conducting officer, I emphasize on safety and was very strict about this. Glad that it was a successful one.

Counting down to my overseas exercise: 3 weeks

P.S: Wow, is amazing that 3 weeks had past since we meet each other. Looking forward to meet u nx weekend once your last paper ended. Luv u and good luck.













This the framed image of my NCC ranks and badges. NICE?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home