Saturday, September 05, 2009

AOH 2009

I make up my mind to go Army Open House last week and there I am today bright and early heading towards Pasir Laba Camp for this year army carnival. I was there exactly at 9am to beat off the crowds but still the major fun events only open at 10am. My main aim to be there early is to take the Live Firing Safari and the Combat Ride Safari. These are the two killer queue that can allow you to queue for hours. Live firing safari consist of clearing the mines, building a bridge to allow the tonner to go through and live firing from the primus.

After those rides, half a day is gone. Had a short break and proceed to some shooting fun. Played the battlefield where we are group into 5. Objectives is to capture our so called enemy(which is flags actually). We have to wear the Load Bearing Vest with the sensors and given a generous 50 rounds to fire at our "enemy". Fantastic.

After that, I proceeded to the Adventure land, where I try out the flying fox. There are many stations like IPPT & SOC, but I only aiming at flying fox. Wearing the harness and scaling from a height give me the adrenaline rush that I have not have for a long time.

Next, I wanted to try the live firing but it had a ceasefire for one hour, probably cleaning the carbon out of the rifles. But it doesn't really matter as I have found a substitute which is the virtual fighter where I try out the P226 pistol where I haven't really tried it. No live rounds but is a computerised simulation but more than enough for me to add a new experience for me. Pistol is very different from rifle even the handling have to held in a different way.

Lastly, went around the exhibit took some photos and brought a envelope knife shape like the ceremonial sword. Collected some memos as well. Also saw some of my old camp colleagues 2WO Karu and 2WO Austia. Good to meet them and have a chat.

Overall, managed to play all the stuff I have planned for and is a day worth at AOH 09.

Photos in my facebook account. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home