Friday, December 25, 2009

Fulfilled: Blood Donation

I made a wish to donate blood a couple of years ago. But until today, I managed to fulfilled it. I'm glad that I have made the decision to donate under the encouragement of my colleagues in MOH. The closest I came to donating was earlier this year where I was still in school. There was this major blood donation drive but I was on flu medication at that time.

It couldn't have come at a better time than this. Christmas is the day where we share our joy with the rest and my gift this year is not just accepting gifts from others but also giving what I can contribute. The location is at HSA @ BloodBank. With a straight forward registration and questionnaire, it was quite a smooth procedure. Then came the donating part. Luckily they managed to find a vein that can does not collapse coz I have heard of my colleague's friend was unable to donate due to a collapse vein. It was not at all painful maybe a sting on the skin surface. After that they just bandage and off I go to get my refreshment.

The advantage of donating blood is that it refreshing your blood. It is like giving ur body a refresh replenish of fresh blood that can do more work. Till now I feel a bit light headed coz I haven't rest since I got home. So gonna take a long sleep tonight. For those who wish to try, you are encourage to do so, who knows, it maybe a important gift to save a precious life.





1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home